If you have an appetite for Mexican food, you are in luck! Santa Barbara is home to some of the best Mexican restaurants in the state. From traditional taquerias to upscale eateries, there’s something for everyone. Here are the top Mexican restaurants in Santa Barbara that you won’t want to miss:
- La Super-Rica Taqueria: This no-frills taqueria is a Santa Barbara institution and has been serving delicious, authentic Mexican food for over 40 years. Be sure to try the tamales and tacos al pastor. A Julia Child’s favorite!
- Los Agaves: This popular restaurant is known for its traditional Mexican cuisine and margaritas. The mole sauce is a must-try, as well as the fish tacos and Agaves Enchiladas.
- La Cocina Bar & Grill: Located in the historic El Paseo, this restaurant serves up delicious Mexican cuisine with a modern twist. Try the shrimp ceviche or the mole enchiladas.
- El Bajio: This casual taqueria serves up delicious, authentic Mexican food at great prices. Be sure to try the tamales and the carne asada burritos.
- Casa Blanca: This upscale Mexican restaurant is located in the heart of Santa Barbara and serves up delicious, modern Mexican cuisine. Try the lobster tacos or the duck enchiladas.
Whether you’re in the mood for traditional Mexican fare or something a little more modern, these restaurants have you covered. Be sure to make your belly happy and visit these restaurants during your next trip to Santa Barbara!