Bring the whole family!! Santa Barbara is a great destination for families with children. The city offers a wide variety of kid-friendly activities that are sure to keep the whole family entertained. Here are some of the top kid-friendly things to do in Santa Barbara.
- Santa Barbara Zoo: This small but well-maintained zoo is home to over 190 species of animals from around the world. Children will love getting up close to the zoo’s monkeys, lions, and giraffes.
- Stearns Wharf: This historic pier offers a variety of activities for kids, including a playground and a sea-life exhibit. Children will also enjoy watching the boats, fishermen and sea lions in the harbor.
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History: This museum is dedicated to the natural history of the region and offers a variety of interactive exhibits that are perfect for children. The museum also has a butterfly exhibit and a planetarium.
- Chase Palm Park: This large park offers a variety of activities for children, including a playground and a splash pad. The park also has a large grassy area perfect for picnics and games.
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden: This 78-acre garden is home to over 1,000 species of plants, many of which are native to the region. Children will love exploring the garden’s many trails and observing the wide variety of plants and wildlife.
These are just a few of the many kid-friendly things to do in Santa Barbara. The city also offers many beaches, parks and hiking trails that are perfect for families. Be sure to visit these places during your next trip to Santa Barbara and have a great time with your family.