Carpinteria is a charming coastal town located just south of Santa Barbara. It offers a wide variety of activities that are perfect for visitors of all ages. It may be a small surf town but it sure is full of fun things to do and see while you visit. Here are the top things to do in Carpinteria:
- Visit the Carpinteria State Beach: This beautiful beach is known for its calm waters and wide sandy beach, perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking. The beach also offers a campground and a nature trail.
- Take a hike at Tar Pits Park: This lovely park offers a variety of hiking trails that wind through the coastal sage scrub and offer panoramic views of the ocean. The park is also home to the Carpinteria Tar Pits, which are the only tar pits in the world that are still actively seeping.
- Explore the Carpinteria Salt Marsh Reserve: This beautiful reserve offers a variety of walking trails that wind through the wetlands and offer views of the ocean and the Santa Ynez Mountains. The reserve is also home to a wide variety of wildlife, including migratory birds, and endangered species such as the salt marsh harvest mouse.
- Visit the Rincon Point: This popular surf spot is known for its great waves and beautiful scenery. It’s a great spot to watch the surfers or take a lesson.
- Take a stroll down Linden Avenue: This charming street is lined with shops, restaurants, and art galleries. It’s a great place to explore and find unique souvenirs.
- Visit the Carpinteria Valley Museum of History: This museum offers a glimpse into the area’s rich history, including the Chumash people who first settled the area and the oil industry that once dominated the region.
- Go to the Carpinteria Farmer’s Market: This market is held on Thursdays and features a wide variety of locally grown fruits, vegetables, and other products.
These are just a few of the many great things to do in Carpinteria. The city also offers many other activities such as kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, and cycling. Enjoy this peaceful, laid back town…this town is a gem!